Technical Author Transitioning To Product Lead (26016)
As this company expands the market for their digital asset management system beyond its traditional clientele of expert users, the need has arisen to provide more extensive API and help documentation.
Initially, this role will involve working with colleagues from the engineering and commercial teams to learn the feature set and API of the company’s software whilst producing high-quality technical user documentation. This may include software user guides, help materials, diagrams, and video tutorials.
Once the documentation task is complete after six to eight months, the role would evolve, leveraging your acquired domain knowledge to transition into new areas such as marketing or product ownership. You would be responsible for the content and overall styling of the company’s documentation, and ultimately have a major input to the software user interface and the product roadmap.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2.1 in a relevant technical or linguistic subject from a well-respected university.
- An excellent demonstrable understanding of technology.
- Ability to produce well-structured easy-to-understand technical documentation showcased through examples of your past work.
- Skill with a good selection of professional authoring tools (e.g. MadCap Flare, Adobe Creative Suite), with front end software skills a bonus
- Full existing right to work in the UK without time limit, restriction, or sponsorship.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious and adaptable Technical Author to leverage their writing skills and have in place a clear path to take their career to the next level. On offer is a competitive salary, a generous benefits package. This role can be based in Cambridge or London with flexibility to work from home for a portion of the week.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Technical Author, Product Lead, Client-facing, Marketing, Software Documentation, London, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.