Embedded Software Engineer (26024)
This company is at the forefront of innovation of complex instrumentation for the life science sector and they are looking for a skilled Embedded Software Engineer to join their multi-discipline team.
The Embedded Software Engineer will have an excellent understanding of electronics and control systems including bare metal and RTOS and will be used to working under the constraints of a highly regulated environment. They will need a good background knowledge of physics and engineering, in order to fully appreciate the design and development considerations of the technically stimulating projects they will be contributing to. Skilled in embedded C and C++, they will have the capacity to interface embedded software with low- and high-level hardware and the competence to carry out any testing required with oscilloscopes and logic analysers. The working environment is exciting, technically challenging and rapidly changing, so excellent communication skills and the ability to get along in a team are also “must haves” for this position.
In return, our client offers a supportive and inspiring work-place culture set in a pleasant, landscaped location, as well as a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits.
You will need:
- A good degree (2:1 or above) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar STEM subject from a leading university.
- The ability to develop robust real-time software for embedded control systems (bare metal and RTOS) in C and C++
- Skilled at interfacing embedded software with hardware at a low-level (e.g. SPI, I2C, UART, USB) as well as high-level (e.g. Modbus, CAN, TCP/IP)
- Established knowledge of regulated embedded software development, preferably ISO13485, including the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. IEC62304) and familiarity with risk management (e.g. ISO14971)
- Full right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship.
Keywords: Embedded Software Development, Regulated Environments, Electronics, C, C++, Bare Metal, RTOS, Hardware, South Cambridge, Engineering, Embedded Control Systems
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.