Application Developer, Edge Computing (26040)
Get involved with this lively startup building real-time streaming applications, which shape and command real-world systems at a global scale.
You'll be building stateful agents and developing streaming APIs and the latest in live, interactive UIs, backed by a comprehensive base of open source software and smart, friendly and engaged colleagues.
You will have:
- A good technical degree in a numerate subject from a top university, and strong A-level grades.
- Excellent programming skills in Java, Scala or C#. JVM experience is an asset. Flexible candidates from other language ecosystems will be considered by ECM.
- A good understanding of networking, at least to socket level communications in some language.
- The intelligence, curiosity and independent thought to bring your own ideas to the table.
- A proactive approach, looking for new technical opportunities and things to improve, and the eagerness to propose new ways of doing that.
The following are beneficial, but not required: enthusiasm for or experience in Rust or TypeScript; prior experience developing real-time / stateful streaming apps; experience with asynchronous code, non-blocking IO, distributed actor systems, grammars and parsers.
This role may initially be remote, but in the medium term you would need the ability to regularly visit Cambridge offices, which may require relocation. A competitive salary and benefits including options or equity are available to the right candidate.
Keywords: JVM, Scala, Java, C#, open-source, software engineer, Cambridge, Akka, Erlang, Flint, Spark, IoT, edge computing, cloud, browser, TypeScript, Rust
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.