C# Developer, Scientific Innovation (26055)
Developing new high-tech hardware, this successful new company need a skilled C# developer with an interest in developing modern, usable C# apps and platforms which talk to scientific instruments.
You don't need a background in instrumentation, just strong C# app development skills and an understanding of how software and devices communicate. There is plenty of scope for decision-making and shaping product development. Software will include the data-driven platform, desktop apps and software-hardware interfaces.
You will have:
- "Commercial-grade" C# development skills (.NET 5, .NET Framework or .NET Core)
- Some experience building apps that work with volumes of data (which in this case may be graphical, for use in image processing and computer vision, though you don't need prior knowledge of these areas)
- An interest or background in scientific software
- An interest in, and reasonable understanding of, comms and protocols
- A developer's mathematical grounding
Scientific instruments' custom protocols tend to be prototyped around standard low level comms, hence relevant comms protocol experience would include sockets, RS-232 serial. Future devices may support TCP/IP, USB, etc. Knowledge of even lower level hardware comms (I2C, SPI) is helpful, as is any exposure to hardware diagnostics (JTAG).
Desktop apps may be WPF, WinForms or built around web technologies. The future platform may be on-premises or cloud deployed.
You'll be happy to work alongside scientists as well as developers, and collaborate to build and shape these new products.
Offices are in Cambridge, with remote working likely initially, followed by flexible working opportunities later. Benefits include bonus and option schemes, private medical care, pension, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, and other perks.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.