Principal Software Engineer (26057)
Exciting opportunity to join a start-up venture as a Principal Software Engineer. The company is developing a revolutionary microfluidics technology for the life sciences industry, enabling cheaper and faster routes for R&D and improving outcomes for clinicians and researchers.
Your role as the Principal Software Engineer will be to take responsibility for the development of the application-level software for novel instruments, leading software engineers in this multidisciplinary work. You will be able to show your technical abilities in devising and developing software to the highest standard and enjoy working within a cross-curricular team of scientists and engineers. There is plenty of opportunity to get involved in complex sub-system design for a real-time application.
The requirements are:-
- 1st or 2.1 degree from a highly ranked university in electronics engineering, software engineering, physics or similar; you may also have a PhD
- Excellent programming skills using either Python and C, or C#
- Evidence of significant design of a software implementation within a complex electronics architecture
- Experience developing software within a regulated environment, preferably medical
- An enthusiastic approach with leadership skills that enable you to mentor junior engineers
- A clear interest in working within medical technology development with the societal improvements it brings
Machine vision and image processing are used to automate the instruments; any additional experience you may have of image processing in real-time or working with embedded processors and FPGAs is desirable.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or if you're already registered with us, recommend a friend for £250 at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Python, C, C#, ISO13485, IEC62304, ISO14971, GUI, instrumentation, real-time, control systems, image processing, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.