Embedded Software Engineer (26064)
Your experience as an Embedded Software Engineer will provide you with the awareness of the pitfalls in electronic product development. The role offers an opportunity to be hands-on in creating the next generation products to be used in rugged environments.
As an Embedded Software Engineer with a good technical degree, you will also be able to offer broad skills in the following areas:
- Linux, its configuration, kernel, driver, and application development
- Knowledge of Open Embedded or the Yocto project
- Linux Networking Configuration, TCP/IP socket and security techniques
- Excellent programming skills (C, C++ and Shell Scripting)
- Experience with GCC/GNU Linux tool chain and cross compiling
- Utilisation of wired and wireless comms
Familiarity with Eclipse Kura and the ability to program in Java is highly desirable. Once travel is sensible again the position provides opportunities for European travel.
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in a central Cambridge location with ample free parking. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global company where most of the hardware development is done at this office.
Keywords: Embedded Linux, Ubuntu, Embedded PCs, ARM processors, C, C++, Java Eclipse, Kura, Agile, Docker, Jenkins, J1939, Bluetooth LE, Modbus, CanBus, Zigbee, I2C, SPI, PWM, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company