QA Engineer - electronics and software (26073)
With products already available and proving popular, this company are expanding their range with some ambitious and technically complex new additions. They are seeking an innovative QA Engineer to help them bring these ideas to market.
The QA Engineer role spans both hardware and software functionality, and would suit someone with an inventive mindset, able to come up with creative ways to test functionality, adopting new techniques as required. Crucially, you will have a proactive approach to quality, taking the lead in improving the product and acting on your own initiative to find unsuspected issues.
As well as hands-on testing, tasks may include managing specialist external testers, creating test plans, creating automated tests, and supporting the transition to manufacture (once Covid restrictions are relaxed this may involve an occasional trip to China).
You will need:
- A good academic background in STEM with a degree from a well-respected university.
- Broad expertise in testing both hardware and software for electronics and embedded software, comms, and audio quality. Experience in testing mass market consumer products is highly valued.
- Ability to develop test strategies, plans, and test cases, including managing external resources for specialist testing.
- Scripting ability for creating automated tests, familiarity with Windows, Linux, and Unix, and Agile working.
- Full existing right to work in the UK without time limit, restrictions, or sponsorship.
The company has an informal, sociable work environment with workshop/studio-like offices that are very different from the ranks of cubicles common in the technology sector. Their culture is Agile and puts a strong emphasis on personal development with an allowance for training.
Work can be fully remote whilst Covid restrictions apply; however, the company is open to occasional working from home in the longer term.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Senior QA Engineer, Manual Test, Automated Test, Manufacturing, Hardware Test, Software Test, Consumer Electronics, London
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.