Principal Systems Engineer (26074)
This is a demanding and challenging technical position with a leading Cambridge company that requires technical expertise in complex electromechanical systems and a well-developed, broad knowledge of engineering. A generous remuneration package and an exciting working environment, delivering cutting-edge equipment that will directly improve people’s lives is offered in return.
This vibrant company have a fast-paced environment and have committed to achieving excellence in their products deployed across the world. Your work will involve ensuring their commitments to outstanding quality and reliability are met. You will help design and form systems that will monitor, predict and diagnose the status of their state-of-the-art medical technology. Your expert opinion will be highly valued by the team, who will look to you for guidance, and you will be an effective communicator, presenting your ideas to stakeholders regularly. It is envisioned that you will be kept focussed on the technology and will not have to be involved in the minutiae of team management, unless that type of responsibility is particularly attractive to you.
Based at their Cambridge office, your visibility and access to the team will be important, but remote working up to two days a week is also on offer. There may be the occasional business trip abroad but it is not expected to be a regular feature of the role.
You will need the following skills and attributes for this role:
- Product development experience
- Broad technical expertise involving complex electromechanical systems, software and hardware with a specialty in one of those areas
- Good knowledge of predictive algorithm design
- Familiarity with working under ISO safety standards
- Excellent communication skills and experienced in technology leadership
- A good degree in a technical subject from a well-respected university
You would also need some of the following:
- Signal processing and knowledge of control systems, and analysis of dynamic systems
- Python and C
- Good appreciation of cloud software architecture
- A background as a technical consultant, or in medical, aerospace or automotive product development
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit or restriction will also be required, as our client is unable to provide sponsorship.
Keywords: Cambridge, Systems Engineering, Python, C, Predictive Algorithms, Electromechanical Systems, Product Development.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.