Wi-Fi Firmware Engineer (26090)
This company is a leader in the entertainment technology sector, with a range of highly successful products on the market. With continued investment in new innovations, they are now seeking a talented Firmware Engineer to join their Cambridge R&D team.
Connectivity is a key attribute of their products, and you will need broad expertise in wireless communications and networking protocols in addition to excellent skills in embedded software development. You would be developing drivers for Linux to control Wi-Fi functionality, and optimise it so that the hardware performs with maximum speed and reliability.
You will need:
- A good academic background in STEM with a degree for a well-respected university.
- Excellent coding skills in C++ and C.
- A demonstrable understanding of a range of common networking protocols – ideally, this should also include wireless protocols and their security, e.g. (WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA-EAP).
- Linux operating system expertise, including kernel and user space, and the use of Linux for embedded applications.
- Full existing right to work in the UK without time limit, restrictions, or sponsorship.
In return a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and equity are on offer for the successful candidate. The company culture is friendly and supportive with a high degree of ownership over your work and where your ideas will be listened to.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Embedded, Linux, C++, C, Device Drivers, Firmware, Wi-Fi, networking, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.