Debian Distro Developer (26095)
Join a multi-cultural, international team of open source developers and create tailored Debian-based distros for a variety of users' needs. Fully remote working within the UK is on offer; the company also have a well-equipped Cambridge office.
You will have:
- An extensive knowledge of the Debian distro and derivatives.
- Package management experience.
- Troubleshooting experience, particularly in resolving incompatibilities.
- An interest in open source and a track record with its processes including pull requests and review.
- Excellent English language skills and full UK work permission.
- A good STEM degree and supporting A-level grades.
Experience with the following is beneficial: containers (Docker, LXC, Flatpak), Linux security (kernel namespaces, the LSM framework and AppArmour, control groups, or SELinux), D-Bus for IPC, systemd, Jenkins, OBS, OSTree.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.