Full Stack Developer (26102)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who is increasingly focusing their work on helping businesses transition to a carbon net zero world. They are looking for a Full Stack Developer with a broad range of experience and skills to underpin their existing team of developers and modellers.
The company is a small Cambridge start-up that helps their clients predict and manage events impacting their business, including but not limited to environmental disruptions to supply lines; geopolitical issues, and the effects of global pandemics. Recent times have increased the demand for their products and they are growing quickly.
The Full Stack Developer will be a part of a team developing a cloud-based client/server technology that employs an API as back end and web-based dashboard at the front end. This means the Full Stack Developer will need to be comfortable creating well-structured object-oriented code as well as configuring relational databases and developing web apps. A Django REST Framework is used for the API and is configured with a PostgreSQL relational database. The dashboards use the Flask Framework and the Dash UX toolkit.
The Full Stack Developer will need:
- A good technical degree from a well-respected university combined with the proven ability to work in a commercial setting
- A flexible mentality and to be happy to join an established team, working on existing methodological frameworks
- Excellent demonstrable skills in object-oriented programming and software version control
- Good communication skills and be happy to meet clients if necessary
The Full Stack Developer must also have full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
The following skills will enhance your application:
- Dashboard development and data visualisation
- Good knowledge of MVC / ORM with Django and / or Flask
- Familiarity with a GIS system such as Quantum GIS and/or programmatic GIS such as GeoPy or Spatial SQL
This company works in smart, modern and spacious offices near the main Cambridge railway station. They also offer remote working for part of the working week and share options.
Keywords: Full Stack Developer, Software, Dashboards, Data Visualisation, Object Oriented Programming, Django, REST, Flask, API
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.