Applications Physicist (26109)
Having secured significant investment, this scientific company is growing and as part of their hiring, they are looking to recruit an Applications Physicist. As part of the Applications team, key activities will include instrumentation and assay testing including: breadboards and prototypes; technical troubleshooting; systems optimisation and device validation and verification tests. The role will require communications and collaborations with other teams to enable the company to meet milestones and deliver on projects.
- Strong academic background (1st / 2.1) in Physics or Biophysics with a demonstrable track record in experimental physics.
- Project experience in two or more of the following:
- Optics (either optical setups for instruments or optical imaging systems).
- Microfluidics (ideally for Lab-on-Chip or other biology applications).
- Mechatronics including motion control systems.
- Electronics for instrumentation (breadboards, sensors, lasers).
- Further experience with biophysics or biochemistry would be desirable.
- Must have rights to work in the UK already obtained.
Projects are multidisciplinary, so interested applicants must be able to communicate well with people working in different disciplines and understand how complex systems require expertise in multiple fields.
In return, an excellent remunerations package is on offer as well as being part of a company that supports careers and develops your skills.
Keywords: Optics / Imaging, Microfluidics, Mechatronics, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Instrumentation, Problem-solving, Experimental, Applications
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.