Cellulose Specialist - Materials Science (26112)
This is an interesting role for a materials scientist or physical chemist who specialises in cellulose technology, which will offer variety and career growth in a respected and established international company in the south of Cambridgeshire
You would be working within a multidisciplinary team and would be relied upon for your knowledge and expertise. You will be a practically minded technologist who would enjoy the hands-on nature of the experimental work, but with an appreciation for commercial pressures and requirements in the FMCG sector. Translating science into break-out products for clients will require you to think quickly and have the ability to create working prototypes to effectively communicate the full potential of your ideas and research.
To be considered for this position you will need:
- A good academic background (2:1 or a higher-level degree would be expected) in areas such as chemistry, materials science or physical chemistry
- Proven experience working with cellulose technologies, this can be either industrial experience gained in a R&D role or from a highly industrial-focused academic post
- Experience in the development of “applied solutions” – i.e industrial applications, preferably to PhD level
In addition, any experience of the following will also be beneficial:
- Hands-on development of industrial chemical processing technologies, or product development in a commercial environment, with a good appreciation of the management of technical projects
- Algorithm development for sensing applications
- Reliability engineering
You will also be expected to already have full right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship.
Keywords: Materials Science, Cellulose Technology, Food Science, FMCG, South Cambridgeshire, Physical Chemistry, Chemistry.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.