Data Engineer (26116)
This research and consultancy company seeks a Data Engineer to take responsibility for their transition to a more data-centric working model. The Data Engineer will lead the technical development of their database solutions, including the implementation of custom interfaces and data visualisation, used by their internal and external researchers. This is a key role in the company’s move to build a team around their data, which is central to their work in developing models and strategies for customers as they move their businesses to using purely renewable energies.
The company is a successful and well-regarded professional company, and the Data Engineer will work closely with colleagues to provide a new dimension to their work. As the data transition project evolves, the Data Engineer will build up a team of data experts to develop new interactive services.
Your CV will demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of AWS cloud platform
- Confidence to develop a long-term database strategy as the data expert in the company and build a team in the longer term
- Data management, modelling and database design skills
- Some experience using Python for data manipulation
- Experience in data visualisation and developing custom interfaces to cloud-based databases
- Enjoyment of working as the technical expert, engaging fully with the research team
- Eligibility to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship
The role could be based at the company’s main office in Edinburgh or their office in Cambridge; the Data Engineer will work with colleagues in both locations and may need to travel between the two from time to time.
The company supports flexible and family-friendly working arrangements, and offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: AWS, Cloud, Database, Data Warehouse, Python, Snowflake, Tableau, Edinburgh, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.