Software Development Manager (26133)
This established software company is recruiting a Software Development Manager to lead a dedicated engineering team. The role reports directly to senior management, and will be responsible for a core technology product within the company. Key activities will include directing the team, choosing the best technologies and tools to complete their projects, working with HR for recruitment, and product roadmapping.
- Background in software engineering and development including a senior role within a software team.
- Familiarity with C# and SQL tech stacks, ideally still programming or minimally can do code reviews. Will have experience of the full software life cycle including successful product releases.
- Good people management skills and experience including involvement in recruitment, appraisals and supporting career development.
- Able to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders including customers, sales, and senior management teams.
- An agile approach to development including the use of Scrum meetings and sprints.
Interested candidates who are currently holding a similar position or are keen to step into such a role (and have informally led / managed teams) are invited to apply.
It is expected that the role will require some time in the office each week, but there is the option for a hybrid working model where a few days each week can be done remotely.
This is an excellent opportunity to either take your first formal step into management or further establish your credentials with this leading company.
Keywords: Line Management, Mentoring, C#.NET, SQL, Agile / Scrum, Roadmapping
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.