Simulink Consultant (26142)
Our client seeks a highly skilled engineer who has good knowledge of Simulink software to act as a consultant and a valuable link between clients and engineers / developers. They must be able to quickly assimilate and understand the needs of the clients and also be able to effectively communicate to a range of stakeholders, using presentations and training sessions.
This is a varied and exciting role that would usually involve visiting clients throughout the UK for approximately 20% of the time. At the moment, the role is remote with the intention of returning to their modern, air-conditioned and well-appointed office, using a hybrid working model. They will expect to be in the Cambridge office roughly three times a week.
To succeed in this position you will need:
- An excellent background in engineering, evidenced by a top class engineering degree (mechanical or electrical) and possibly a PhD from well-respected universities.
- Experience using Simulink software, particularly in applications for the automotive or aerospace industries – this is an absolute must have. Ideally this would also include developing and using simulation models of mechanical or electrical systems.
- Excellent client-facing skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- The ability to organise your work efficiently, allowing you to propel multiple projects at once.
Desirable skills and experience would also include:
- Familiarity with configuring tools to automate software and simulation work
- Work with high integrity applications (DO-178, ISO 26262 or similar)
Key words: Simulink, Cambridge, Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Client-facing, Consultant, Modelling Software.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.