Hands-on Technical Software Lead Developer (26149)
Are you looking for more responsibility whilst remaining hands-on as a software engineer? This role is to join a small, special projects group at this innovative tech company, who culturally empower employees and teams. In this group, you would take technical leadership on projects and manage the team. This would include strategic direction, and developing research into viable shrink-wrapped applications (mix of greenfield and iterative projects).
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar.
- Demonstrable commercial experience in software development including multiple successful releases of software products and experience of the full software product life cycle.
- Strong experience with C programming on Linux, including a good understanding of compiler internals and kernels.
- Further experience with C++, assembly and Python would be highly desirable.
- Whilst formal team leadership experience is not required, it is expected that you would have had some exposure in a lead role including taking responsibility of relatively large product development projects.
The role is open to applicants who want hybrid work within their Cambridge offices (up to 60% of the time in the office) or for someone who wants to work fully remotely (whilst still being based in the UK or Western / Central Europe). On offer is an excellent salary and benefits package.
Keywords: C, Linux, Kernel, Compilers, Greenfield Projects, Team Leadership, Software Development, Team Culture, Remote / Hybrid Working
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.