Systems Administrator (DevOps) (26161)
A product tech company are looking for a Systems Administrator to take responsibility for their extensive IT systems and, in parallel, work with developers to further enhance DevOps skills and experience. A combination of expertise and aptitude is wanted.
Their systems are a mix of Windows and Linux and has mostly been looked after by the existing software team. As the company grows, they are keen to hire a dedicated Systems Administrator to work alongside the development team.
- Extensive experience with Linux systems administration including working with remote accessed hardware. Exposure to Windows systems is beneficial.
- Understand how Linux (and ideally mixed OS platform) infrastructure can be put together and run efficiently.
- Experience with bespoke VPN set ups.
- Understanding of the software development process. Any exposure to C# on Linux would be highly desirable. It would be expected that interested candidates have the aptitude to pick up the programming side if provided with some guidance.
- Experience with DevOps tools, continuous integration and release management software would be desirable.
The role can be done either full-time onsite at their offices or a mix of office and home working. Some flexibility in working arrangements is possible.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this growing company and be part of their next stage of product development. Their compensation package includes share options and other benefits.
Keywords: Systems Administration -> DevOps, Linux, VPN, Mixed OS, C#, CI, Build and Release
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.