Cloud Software Engineer (26210)
An exciting position for people who enjoy using their cloud software architecture skills to solve real-world problems. This forward-thinking company are looking for skilled Cloud Software Engineers to join their pioneering team enabling the use of the latest green energy technology.
In this remote working role, you will help design build and run their Agile, cloud-based services, contributing to a friendly and skilled team of developers, working on the migration of their Java platform into Kubernetes. You will be building new services, such as the incorporation of new third party technologies, as well as adding web and mobile apps to the platform, whilst keeping the existing platform running so that customers experience an uninterrupted service. Your input will be sought when defining the cloud deployment strategy and architecture and you will play an important role in making technology choices affecting the implementation of the new platform.
You will have a good degree in Computer Science or similar subject with a strong focus on software engineering and may also have significant commercial experience.
You will have experience in:
- Building software for deployment on cloud providers such as AWS and GCP
- Cloud software architectures such as those based upon microservices or FaaS
- Test-driven development and testing frameworks
- Using continuous integration software and Git
- Using Golang, Node.js, Python, Java (Spring Framework) or other modern object-oriented programming languages
Desirable skills include:
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm
- Gitlab, BDD and Systems Integration
- Knowledge of NoSQL and/or SQL databases
- Networking e.g. IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS
- Web development using React and app development using React Native
Meeting approximately once a quarter in their Cambridge offices, this team predominantly work remotely and the position is open to people who have full right to work in the UK, without sponsorship, restriction or time limit.
Occasional travel to Africa may also be required.
Keywords: Cloud Services, AWS, GCP, Python, Golang, Cambridge, Remote, Docker, Java, Kubernetes, React, React Native, Architecture, Microservices.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.