Senior Mechanical QA Technician (26214)
This Senior Mechanical QA Technician role will see you tackling challenging test scenarios for a wide variety of healthcare devices to ensure their physical properties, mechanical robustness, and resilience to environmental stresses.
Working with colleagues, contractors, and suppliers, you will devise test jigs and methods, carry out testing, and investigate any emergent issues. This will also involve producing documentation, and collating, processing, and presenting the data to colleagues and clients. As a domain expert in mechanical testing, you would champion best practice, and from time to time provide supervision of less experienced co-workers.
This is a senior role in a key function of the development team and has the opportunity to progress to a consultant position.
You will need:
- A solid academic background in Mechanical Engineering or closely related discipline.
- Strong hands-on mechanical testing skills and a sound understanding of test methodologies and best practice.
- Experience of working within a tightly regulated industry, preferably healthcare.
- Data analysis and ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation.
- Confident communication skills working with colleagues and clients.
- Full existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship.
The company is an established player in the field of medical and healthcare device development, they are based in pleasant surroundings close to Cambridge. They have a friendly and supportive culture and are well-provided with laboratory and workshop facilities.
Keywords: Mechanical Test, Medical Devices, Healthcare, Environmental Testing, Consultancy, Cambridge
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.