Physicist Engineer (Instrumentation) (26232)
A Physicist Engineer is sought to join this growing team and bring with them experience in working on multi-disciplinary technology that encompasses engineering and science. In this role, you will help design, improve and evaluate the core technology platform, and be responsible for testing system components and workflows. This could include running experiments and extensive problem solving.
Interested? Read further…
The core work will be to devise tests that can evaluate and troubleshoot breadboard instruments and assist in experiments as part of wider pilot programmes. System testing will include configuration of optical instrumentation, microfluidic devices, and software components. As application areas are for medical device development, relevant documentation is expected.
- Degree in Physics, Electronics or similar (other background will be considered).
- Industry experience with hardware / instrumentation testing for electromechanical technology (ideally in medical devices).
- Strong problem solving skills including debugging and general troubleshooting.
- Further experience with cell imaging, optofluidics, or droplet fluidics would be desirable.
- Exposure to embedded control systems or software coding would be beneficial.
The company looks to support careers and provide an intellectually stimulating environment to work on new technology. On offer is an excellent remuneration package including a wide range of benefits.
Keywords: Systems Testing, Instrumentation, Medical Devices, Hardware / Electromechanical, Optics / Microfluidics / Embedded Control
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.