Hardware Test Engineer (26235)
This start-up seeks someone who is happy one day running existing tests while the next day they may be creating a new test. This is an R&D role so flexibility and initiative are key, from working on an experimental design to shipping evaluation kits to customers.
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure the product is tested. It is actually a component for electro-mechanical systems, hence exposure to electronics assembly, test and measurement, along with general mechanical skills are required. In the role you may be working with many of the following:
- Environmental test chambers
- Fluidic test equipment
- Mass flow and pressure controllers and meters
- Gas cylinders and their connection to test equipment
- Sensors and custom silicon/MEMS devices
- And of course typical electronics test equipment
The requirements are:
- A degree in a technical subject or alternatively a HNC or HND along with appropriate experience
- A passion and aptitude in performing hands-on tasks
- R&D experience of testing electronic instrumentation or sensors
- Able to provide effective reports for problem-solving analysis
- Ability to identify and implement performance improvements in both assembly and testing
This is a great opportunity to join a young start-up as it grows and hence every role within the company has the chance to grow as well. Due to the nature of the role this will be office-based in Cambridge.
Keywords: Electronics Test, System Test, Sensor Evaluation, R&D Prototypes, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.