Behavioural Science Consultant (26242)
As a Behavioural Science Consultant you must be comfortable and capable in a client facing role. This consultancy's behavioural scientists work in multidisciplinary teams with people whose background may be in chemistry, physics, neuroscience, engineering, pharmacology, industrial design, veterinary science, biology, and more. The company seeks people with a diverse mindset and interests, which helps the team as a whole approach projects with an open mind.
Ideally you will possess behavioural science qualifications evidenced by a PhD, alternatively you may have significant skills acquired from a commercial position. Your technical skills should include:
- Proven track record of using psychological models and theories to generate and test hypotheses about user/consumer/patient behaviour
- Applying qualitative analysis techniques or quantitative analysis techniques to human data (e.g. statistical techniques such as multiple regression, Bayesian analysis)
- Conducting systematic and rapid reviews of psychology literature without supervision
- Designing behaviour-change interventions and conducting trials in a real world setting
- Engaging stakeholders through workshops, training and consensus-building approaches
- Enthusiasm for communicating your specialist knowledge to different audiences and via different methods including public speaking
This is a great opportunity to join a team made up of individuals with backgrounds and expertise in many areas of behavioural science including (but not limited to) social psychology, health psychology, human-computer interaction, cognitive neuroscience, branding and advertising, and behavioural design. They have a pleasant office in Cambridge city, which currently they rarely see as the team are still working from home. In the long term they expect to adopt a hybrid style of working and to resume travel to clients.
Keywords: Behavioural Scientist, Human Factors, Social Psychology, Health Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Neuroscience Hybrid Working, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.