Applied Physicist, Data Analytics (26246)
A small technical team is looking to recruit an Applied Physicist to join them initially on a 1 year fixed term contract. In this role, you would work with large amounts of real-world data coming from instrumentation sensors. You would manage these data sets and help build and generate relevant visuals and models. A lot of the work will be comparing data to optimise the sensors and instruments, which could include the development and implementation of new algorithms.
- 1st / 2.1 in Physics, Applied Maths or Engineering, followed by a PhD in Physics.
- Demonstrable project work (from PhD, Postdoc or equivalent industry experience) in the management of large datasets from hardware based instruments.
- Experience programming with C++, MATLAB or Python to generate visuals of data.
- Experience with algorithms used in instrumentation (ideally involved in image processing, navigation or similar).
- Good understanding working on a Linux platform and exposure to version control (ideally git or SVN).
The role on offer is a 1 year fixed term contract, but this could become permanent. Interested applicants do need to be available to start in this new role immediately (or within the next couple of months).
Only UK based candidates (or those in the process of relocating to the UK) will be considered. Candidate must already have full rights to work in the UK.
Keywords: Postdoc / PhD, Physics, Algorithms, Data Analytics, Visualisation, C++/ MATLAB / Python, Optimisation, Linux
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.