Medical Device Testing Group Lead (26247)
This is an opportunity to lead and manage a group of highly skilled engineers and scientists in their important role of testing new and innovative medical devices for clients and in-house projects.
It is a varied and demanding position, making an important and valued contribution to a well-respected company with a solid reputation for innovation and quality.
Being a credible and informed source of expertise to clients will be a major aspect of the role, and you will be the technical expert for the Business Development team. You would be asked for your educated and experienced view on the most appropriate testing methods and best practices for assessing your clients’ products. This will be informed by knowledge gained in your previous positions in the MedTech industry, ideally involving drug delivery devices, such as inhalers or injectors.
You will also be responsible for managing the team personnel, resources and time effectively so that all client and in-house testing can be completed, as well as acting as advisor, consultant or technical reviewer on a number of different projects. Your ability to engage and communicate with clients and colleagues alike will be a key aspect to your success.
Essential skills and experience for this position include:
- A good degree (2:1 or above) in Mechanical Engineering, a life science or other scientific subject
- Evidence of wide experience and knowledge of medical product development from concept through to manufacture
- Excellent understanding of medical device testing and statistical analysis to international quality standards such as ISO 13485, 14971 and 21CFR Part 820
- Team leadership skills including effective time, resource and people management
- Commercial awareness and the ability to communicate clearly and support business development teams
Full right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship will also be necessary.
Our client’s site is based in a picturesque, rural location. This particular position is envisaged as mostly based at the company’s offices, due to the hands-on and collaborative nature of the role. There would also be the opportunity for international travel on occasion, as the company caters to an international client base.
Keywords: Medical Device Testing, Mechanical Testing, Consultancy, Team Lead, ISO 13485, Business Development, South Cambridgeshire
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.