Senior Embedded Software Engineer (26253)
A Senior Embedded Software Engineer is sought by this established tech company to join their electronics and software team. The projects they work on are products and systems that use wired or wireless communications / sensors. Joining as a senior member of the team, you would have responsibility of the design from concept and throughout the development process. Further, you would help mentor junior members of the team, and provide expert insight for new projects.
- Degree in electronics or computer science. An advanced degree (Masters or PhD) would be a bonus.
- Significant demonstrable experience working on a range of firmware projects with use of C and Assembler on both bare metal and embedded OS (FreeRTOS or Linux).
- Experience in software system architecture, functional requirements and use cases.
- Experience with microcontrollers (ideally low-powered ARM-based devices) and wired (CAN, RS232, RS485) or wireless (Bluetooth, WLAN, cellular, low power radio) communications (if you have both, that's great!).
- Exposure to electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes and logic analysers).
- Further experience with Python, control systems, video / audio technologies or working under regulated environments would be desirable.
The team work under an agile process, and projects may be multidisciplinary. Good communication skills are required as well as having general problem solving abilities. In return, there is an excellent compensation on offer.
Keywords: Firmware, Embedded C, FreeRTOS, Linux, Wired / Wireless Communications, Control Systems, Microcontrollers, Product Development, Mentoring
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.