Embedded C / C++ Developer - Medical (26256)
This multidisciplinary Cambridge-based team is developing technologies and systems for a broad array of healthcare-related applications. They are seeking a bright embedded C or C++ developer to join them, working on a variety of projects that will help to improve patient care. You would be involved in all stages of the SDLC from initial discussions and analysis, to architecting, development, and test.
As technical challenges will vary from project to project, you will need to be adaptable, able to draw upon your software engineering knowledge and problem-solving skills to solve problems as they occur, and to pick up new skills and technologies quickly. You will also need to be a good communicator, able to persuade co-workers on technical issues, and happy to discuss requirements and progress with clients.
High software quality and dependability is essential, so experience of working within a similarly regulated industry will needed.
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in Electronics, Computing, or similarly applicable subject from a well-ranked university.
- A good understanding of embedded operating systems, hardware control, communication protocols, and working with common MCUs.
- Proven ability to develop high quality real-time embedded software in C or C++ within a regulated industry such as healthcare, aerospace etc.
- A working knowledge of electronics and common diagnostic equipment.
- Full existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship.
The company is a leading light within the Cambridge tech community. With modern offices located in a countryside setting, their culture is entrepreneurial and collaborative. The role features a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Keywords: Embedded Software, C, C++, Healthcare, Medical, Control Systems, Client Facing, South Cambridge
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.