Software Engineer (26265)
Join a team working on a challenging medical instrumentation. This embedded software role is part of an expanding software team within a life sciences start-up. You will be working alongside engineering and biology teams to develop new instrument control and data analysis systems to allow life scientists to perform complex experiments as simply and efficiently as possible.
As the Embedded Engineer you will have good understanding of designing C software for commercial applications and possess a good technical degree from a top university. Your skills will include:
- Solid embedded software development using C and C++
- Exposure to development for ARM processors
- Confidence with both Windows and Linux platforms
- Knowledge of EtherCAT, CANOpen, Serial and USB
- Familiarity with Agile development concepts and test-driven development
- Experience of source control and software build processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with other teams across various disciplines
A bonus would be strong mathematical background allowing you to contribute to the control theory algorithms or machine learning concepts. Alternatively, knowledge of software for image processing in real-time would be a bonus.
This dynamic life science company offers challenging work and a friendly, fun working environment. Due to working close to hardware it is anticipated it will mostly be office based at their Cambridge office.
Keywords: Embedded C, C++, Software Developer, Mathematical Developer, Algorithmic Skills, Image Processing, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.