Applied Hardware Physicist (26266)
Are you completing a PhD or Postdoc, or looking for that next exciting role in industry? Do you like working on multidisciplinary problems that combine engineering and physics to develop solutions?
We're looking for an Applied Hardware Physicist to join a team where they will work on projects using skills and experience in design and test of mechanical, optical, fluidic and electronic systems. If you've worked on projects that are similarly multifaceted, this may be the role for you.
- Bachelor's or Master's in engineering or physics from a top university.
- Postgraduate experience (industry experience or PhD) in instrumentation development from key first principles and fundamentals.
- Experience with electronics and mechanical systems.
- Further experience with software for sensors, actuators, control systems and data capture (MATLAB, LabVIEW, C, or C++).
- Any additional experience with optical design, microfluidics, CAD (SolidWorks), or PCB design would be desirable.
Good communication skills are expected as the role is within a team. However, applicants should also be able to work independently, meet deadlines and deliver projects.
In return, as well as an excellent, competitive salary, there is a benefits package including share options. The role is based at their offices / labs in Cambridge.
Keywords: Hardware, Instrumentation, Scientific Applications, Multidisciplinary, Mechatronics, Control Systems, Electronics, Optics, Physics, PhD / Postdoc, CAD, PCB Design, Microcontrollers, Sensors, Actuators, C, C++
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.