Physicist / Optics Engineer (26271)
This established technical consultancy provides cutting-edge technologies and solutions to a number of high-profile clients. They now seek a Physicist / Engineer to join their team, working on a diverse range of projects, from analytical studies and technology surveys to experiment design and development of optical components.
The requirements are: -
- A good degree (1st or 2.1 from a highly-ranked university) in physics or engineering
- Hands-on experience in experimental design for optical engineering and lasers (this could be within a commercial setting or PhD research)
- Excellent modelling and analysis skills, with use of tools such as COMSOL, LabVIEW and/or MATLAB
- Ability to work within a small design team, displaying a collaborative and confident approach to work
- Eligible for UK security clearance (UK citizen, without dual nationality)
This is an excellent opportunity to work on technically challenging projects within a variety of application areas. Alongside a competitive salary, the company offers an excellent benefits package and a hybrid working pattern, as well as continued support in your career development.
Keywords: Physics, PhD, Optical Engineer, Optics, Lasers, MATLAB, LabVIEW, COMSOL, Control Systems, Bristol.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.