Lead Physicist, Lasers and Optics (26272)
This is a great opportunity for a technically-strong Physicist / Engineer to join this team to plan and run future projects. The company takes on innovative projects on behalf of external clients, primarily working in lasers and optical engineering. The projects are varied in scope; they may involve feasibility studies and scanning of similar technologies, through to complete design and build of optical experiments complete with handover and training of the client.
The role would suit a technically-grounded physicist or engineer with experience of technical leadership of a complete project from concept to handover and knowledge of lasers or optical engineering.
Many of the company’s projects lie within the aerospace and defence sectors, hence experience within this area is of particular interest.
The requirements are: -
- A good degree in physics or engineering, with some technical background in optical engineering or lasers
- Excellent technical abilities, spanning both analytical and practical engineering skills
- Experience in leading a technical project, including working with clients to agree requirements, plan work schedules and present to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work with a small design team, ensuring high quality standards for the projects and providing an active contribution to senior management
- Eligible for UK security clearance (UK citizen, without dual nationality)
This is a super opportunity for a motivated Physicist / Engineer to assume responsibility for technically challenging projects within a variety of application areas.
Alongside a competitive salary, the company offers an excellent benefits package and a hybrid working pattern, as well as ongoing support in your own career development. The company actively encourages a healthy work-life balance.
Keywords: Physics, Optical Engineer, Project Leadership, Client-facing, Optics, Lasers, Control Systems, Aerospace, Security, Defence, Bristol.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.