Systems Administrator, Windows (26285)
This growing team are committed to the career development of their employees. As such, they seek a Systems Administrator who will take responsibility for current system and infrastructure-related issues and will be keen to move into a more DevOps-related role as the company matures.
The ideal Systems Administrator will be a good collaborator, comfortable working with colleagues across physics, chemistry, biology and software engineering. They will be hands-on, able to contribute to improvements in current processes and help plan future infrastructure strategy.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience with Microsoft systems administration
- Working knowledge of Linux server environments.
- Management of local and wide area networks including virtual networks.
- Windows server virtualisation using Hyper-V.
- Enjoyment of scripting languages, typically PowerShell, Python, Bash.
- Understanding of network security issues.
- Enthusiasm to take on training opportunities to enhance DevOps knowledge.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this growing company and be part of their next stage of product development. Their compensation package includes a wide range of benefits.
Keywords: Systems Administration, Windows, Linux, VLAN, VPN, Hyper-V, Synology NAS, PowerShell, Python, Bash, Jenkins, Continuous Build, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.