Senior Mechanical Engineer (26311)
This is a great opportunity to develop the mechanical parts of the sensor design within this start-up. You will be a self-starter, confident enough to provide the mechanical expertise whilst supported by a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team including physicists and materials engineers.
This Cambridge based start-up is developing a leading-edge sensor for the consumer electronics, automotive, and industrial markets. They work with Tier 1 OEMs who adopt their technologies into products worldwide.
You will need to have a good mechanical degree (or similar) and be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Knowledge of working methods within a commercial design role
- Experience with 3D CAD especially SolidWorks
- Exposure to FEA software particularly to determine stress and strain in mechanical parts
- Knowledge of plastics, moulding and production
- An understanding of Design for Manufacture techniques
- Getting your own prototypes built (this is a start-up)
Experience on the following will be beneficial but not essential:
- Experience with COMSOL
- Experience in sensor design
- Knowledge of QA processes
- Fluency in either Mandarin Chinese or German language to help with conference calls
In addition to your technical excellence, you will need good communication skills, to show initiative, make decisions, and operate in a team. This is a great opportunity to join a start-up based in Cambridge, with the benefit of share options along with a good salary. They are open to hybrid working when the project work allows, clearly there are times when you need to be in the lab.
Keywords: Mechanical Design Engineer, 3D CAD, SolidWorks, Plastics, Mouldings, Sensors, Mechatronics, Actuators, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.