Software Engineer, Tools Development (26331)
This successful and financially secure start-up company is looking for a progressive-thinking Software Engineer join their team. They will work alongside a group of dedicated theoretical physicists, computational scientists and data scientists who are developing complex software simulators that push the boundaries of energy generation.
The Software Engineer will develop and improve the build system, using their existing Python and shell scripting knowledge. The simulators are written in C++, hence some C++ experience for debugging is also useful. The Software Engineer will be able to analyse automated test outcomes and present solutions when required.
The wider technical skills of the Software Engineer are more important than experience with particular tools.
- Degree in Physics, Maths, Engineering, Computer Science or similar from a well-ranked university
- Industry experience programming in Python with good knowledge of bash scripting
- Awareness of continuous integration systems and deployment pipelines within a software development team
- Enthusiasm for developing high quality software
- Team player who collaborates well with software developers
This company offers a friendly flexible working environment near Oxford. There is an excellent salary and benefits package on offer.
Keywords: Python, Bash, Linux, C++, Physics, Continuous Integration, CI/CD, Bamboo, Oxford
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.