Senior Product Design Engineer (26334)
This technical consultancy develops creative solutions to product engineering challenges in a variety of industries, from consumer products to medical diagnostics and surgical tools. A key part of their work is to present a creative and attractive product within technological constraints. They seek a Senior Product Design Engineer, with a natural flair to create user-friendly products, who will bring their creative abilities to the team.
Alongside excellent creative sketching skills, the Senior Product Design Engineer will have an excellent understanding of complex engineering design, enabling them to work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to create superb solutions.
- At least a 2.1 degree in Product Design, Industrial Design or Design Engineering.
- Good commercial experience in technical product development processes.
- Excellent creative design, including sketching, 3D-CAD (SolidWorks preferred), visualisation and rendering. Please attach a portfolio of your own work to showcase this.
- Knowledge of engineering design for prototyping and manufacturing; design within reliability and performance constraints.
- Excellent hands-on prototyping, workshop, assembly and testing skills.
- Ability to collaborate and contribute, both with the internal team and external customers.
This company has a friendly working ethos and encourages further career development, including opportunities to contribute on the business side.
Keywords: Industrial Design, Sketching, Adobe Suite, Concept Design, CAD, SolidWorks, Design for Manufacture, DFMA, Consultancy, Cambridge.
If this sounds like you, get in touch with ECM Selection – whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone, and we may have other ideas to suggest to you too.