Senior Data Engineer (26364)
Join other bright minds in this major Cambridge tech company and help them bring to life new products and services. You'll select strategies for data sourcing, develop large scale data pipelines and learn to apply machine learning, AI and/or pertinent algorithms, helping their customers.
You will bring:
- An appreciation for data engineering or software development.
- A strong conceptual and analytical mindset, with the ability to think in an abstract context and articulate, explain and sell ideas and approaches to other stakeholders.
- Fluency in Python and familiarity with other programming languages.
- Skills with SQL and probably other query languages.
- Some exposure to PySpark and/or other common Python packages such as Pandas or NumPy.
- An understanding of batch processing pipelines and testing / monitoring systems.
- Bachelors, masters or PhD qualifications in a relevant technological or engineering field.
Other skills and interests are beneficial but not essential, including in machine learning and AI, leadership and mentoring, Scala, Spark, Elasticsearch, Datadog, Databricks, AWS, Docker / Kubernetes.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.