Lead Cloud QA Engineer (26368)
This company leads the market with a richly featured and powerful design tool that is now being redesigned and rebuilt for the cloud in order to take advantage of the improved collaboration and workflows that this allows. With such an ambitious project in hand, they are seeking a proactive and resourceful Lead Cloud QA Engineer with expertise in devising test strategies for complex cloud-first applications and data pipelines.
A key member of their Cambridge-based development team, you would architect the test framework, and develop strategies to test aspects such as high-speed search algorithms, API robustness, user experience, and data handling at scale. You would need a broad technology background in test, and be able to set up test harnesses and author automated test.
Your expertise and ingenuity will contribute substantially to the success of this project. You will also be a champion for best practices, and will help drive continuous improvements to testing and quality processes to accommodate the increasing scale and capability of the software.
You will have:
- A 1st or 2.1 degree in Computer Science, Electronics or similar from a well-respected university
- Proven aptitude for designing test frameworks, analysing complex use cases, and formulating test strategies to exercise them – you will be a designer of test strategies, not a presser of buttons!
- An excellent understanding of how to test complex cloud-first applications based on services such as AWS or Azure. You should be well-versed in cloud-based test frameworks and any special test considerations relevant to the cloud
- All testing will be automated, so you will need good coding skills in Python, Java, or similar
- Experience with tools for monitoring cloud-scale applications (e.g DataDog)
- An understanding of testing complex data pipelines end-to-end would be an advantage
- Full existing right to work in the UK without restriction, time limit, or sponsorship
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive company at an exciting moment in their technology development. The role is based at the company’s offices in Cambridge, the team has a fast-paced, start-up-like culture but with the reassurance of being part of an established company. An excellent remuneration and benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at https://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Cloud-based-testing, Automated Test, QA, AWS, Azure, DataDog, Software Quality, Greenfield Project, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.