Senior Electronics Engineer (26382)
This company develops unique technology for home-based electronics including drones, wearable devices and smartphones. As they expand into new areas, they seek a Senior Electronics Engineer to play a significant role in a dynamic team. The company works across the entire development lifecycle, from idea through to volume production, so you will see your designs reach the marketplace. You will work alongside complementary teams in control, firmware, software and mechanical engineering in developing products and be keen to take responsibility for the electronics portions of these projects.
As a Senior Electronics Engineer you will have good experience designing electronics for new product development. This will be combined with a solid understanding of electronics in general from analogue, through mixed-signal to digital design.
In summary, the following skills are required:
- PCB design for mixed-signal electronics at all stages of the design and manufacturing process
- Good degree in electronic engineering (or similar) from a well-known and respected university
- Experience in leading small projects or acting as technical authority on a project
- Exposure to closed loop control system design and development
- Some software skills, one of Python, MATLAB, C#
- Some knowledge of Verilog development and verification
- Experience of Design for Manufacture and transfer to production
As part of this role, there are opportunities for world travel to both customers and suppliers/manufacturers.
You will join a friendly team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware and software engineers working in a modern, welcoming work environment close to the city centre but with on-site parking.
Keywords: Mixed-signal, Digital, Analogue, Actuators, Sensors, Control Systems, PCB, Altium, SPICE, Verilog, Design for Manufacture, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.