Software Developer - Cloud Microservices (26397)
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled Software Developer with commercial experience designing the architecture of cloud microservices, to assist a well-established brand’s move to a cloud platform.
Based in Cambridge, this team of experienced software developers and testers are working on the next generation of their key product, and this will involve making it accessible to as wide an audience as possible. Moving to the cloud is the next logical step for this company and so they seek a skilled software developer who is well acquainted with SaaS and has the technical knowhow to play an integral part in the design of architecture, new software, microservices and monitoring techniques in order to optimise the systems performance. The Software Developer will also be responsible for analysing and optimising systems for performance, particularly when used with large data sets. They will be used to full stack development of highly scalable distributed system and data modelling for interoperability between systems.
Attributes needed for success in this role:
- A good technical degree in a relevant subject, such as Physics, Computer Science or Maths
- Evidence of commercial experience in a SaaS development role
- Skilled in cloud (AWS) microservices architecture and able to design methods for monitoring and evaluating microservices
- Familiarity with full stack development of highly scalable distributed systems
- C++ skills, including designing C++ classes would also be particularly useful, but are not absolutely necessary
Full right to work in the UK without sponsorship, time limit or restriction will also be necessary.
Successful candidates will join a friendly team in the centre of Cambridge. A good salary and generous benefits package is on offer, as well as opportunities for continued career development.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.