Hands-on Biologist-Physicist (26404)
Based at their labs and offices in Cambridge, this growing team seeks a multidisciplinary scientist to join them. The projects will involve facets of optics, microfluidics and engineering understanding mingled with a hands-on approach to cellular and molecular biology applications, assays and workflows. The company already has dedicated physicists and biologists, and this role would sit between these teams as a key development area on new technology areas.
In this role, the Biologist-Physicist will test and develop new hardware designs relating to biological protocols and methods for assays and provide continuous feedback to optimise and further develop key components. Day-to-day activities will include: collaborating on multidisciplinary projects; designing molecular assays based on fundamental understanding of physical capabilities; contribute to relevant documentation, presentations and reports; and generate SOPs and experimental plans.
- A broad background including a 1st / 2.1 degree in physics (or similar) followed by a project-driven Master's (and post-university experience) or PhD in Molecular Cell Biology, Applied Biomedicine or Biophysics.
- Understanding of optics, microfluidics or electronics of scientific instrumentation, and extensive hands-on experience with molecular / cellular biology assays.
- Experience analysing assay data including robustness and optimisation.
- General hands-on experience with cell / tissue culture of mammalian cells.
- Strong communication skills including report writing and presenting to a wide range of audiences.
Further experience with biosensors, droplet microfluidics, optogenetics or single cell instrumentation would be desirable. Similarly, any experience / exposure of validation of assays or product development under ISO 13485 standards would be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this growing company and be rewarded with an excellent remunerations package including top benefits. The company are willing to provide some training in areas you are less familiar with and will continue to support your development whilst with the company.
Keywords: Biomedical Scientist, Physics, Optics / Microfluidics, Biological Assays, Verification, Data Analysis, Instrumentation, Cambridge, Hands-on, PhD / Masters with Experience
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.