DevOps Engineer, Linux HPC (26424)
As this exciting company grows, they are expanding their existing HPC cluster to support further developments. Hence, our client is seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to join their team.
The successful DevOps Engineer will have existing experience in designing, implementing and maintaining HPC platforms. Working in close collaboration with the computational physics team, the DevOps Engineer will optimise and implement high-performance storage. This will require excellent design and programming skills with strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- A good degree in Physics, Maths, Computer Science or similar
- Robust knowledge of High-Performance Computing under Linux
- In-depth knowledge of high-speed storage
- Excellent scripting for HPC
- Good communication skills with evidence of working with HPC cluster users
Nice to Have:
- Experience of deployment and containerisation
- Knowledge of air-gapped networks
The company offers a friendly working environment close to Oxford. In return, you will receive a competitive salary with excellent benefits and work with a talented team of physicists and engineers on cutting-edge development that is making a contribution to mitigating climate change.
Keywords: HPC, Parallel Computing, Linux, High-Speed Storage, Scheduling, Optimisation, High-Level Scripting, Physics, Fortran, Docker, Kubernetes, Oxford.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.