Lead Front-End Engineer (26454)
A rapidly expanding team based in Cambridge seek a Lead Front-end Engineer to steer the design and development of UI/UX for their web-based applications.
The company produces state-of-the-art software for the mapping, processing and visualisation of 3D data and their platform combines servers, portals, dashboards, SDKs, APIs and data connectors as well as business-focused applications. A lot of their work is involved with security related data, and they work closely with government agencies.
The Lead Front End Engineer will head a small team of skilled engineers, developers and testers, so this may be a good opportunity if you are a senior engineer who has previously mentored colleagues to step-up into the Lead position. You will ideally have previous experience working on multiple development streams from different locations and you will be fluent in the best practices of server-side service-oriented architecture and its integration.
The preferred language is TypeScript, as REACT and Java are used for the rest of the stack and you will also need experience of deployment to cloud-based applications, using either AWS or Azure.
Required skills and attributes:
- A good technical degree such as Computer Science from a well-respected university.
- A talent for great UI/UX design and good skills in TypeScript.
- Design and delivery experience in web-based and ideally including deployment to cloud-based applications (AWS or Azure).
- Proficiency in leading the development of React based applications (using TypeScript) and able to easily integrate with RESTful APIs.
- Experience of data manipulation and handling large and complex data sets, ideally querying relational databases using SQL.
As our client works with security related projects, you must be able to pass a basic level (SC level) security clearance check and you will need to have full right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship.
Also of benefit:
- Experience of working in aeronautical, government or defence sectors.
- Experience in back-end development using Java.
The company offers hybrid to near fully remote working as they are happy for people to attend the office only twice a month. However, the modern offices are very well furnished, and they would be happy to see you there more often too, if that’s your preferred working style.
Keywords: Front-End, Team Lead, TypeScript, React, RESTful, Cloud, AWS, Azure, Hybrid Working, Java, UI / UX Design, Cambridge
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.