Full Stack Team Lead (26456)
Offering the best of both worlds, this almost fully remote Full Stack Developer role could allow you to progress your career by taking on team leadership responsibilities whilst retaining a flexible and convenient working pattern.
This international company’s software provides solutions for managing geographically distributed systems such as those operated by utilities, where better use of resources can bring user benefits and greater sustainability.
Their UK development team has engineers from a range of disciplines, delivering new features and innovations across web, mobile, desktop and cloud. The software back end is based on Java, so excellent coding skills in the language are a must. The front end employs the latest industry tools and frameworks such as React.
Joining a new initiative, you would be instrumental in helping shape a growing team working on green-field development of brand new products which will open up markets for the company. Your expertise would contribute to multiple areas, providing technical leadership on software architecture and user experience (UX) / user interface design, championing best practice, and leading development and projects.
You will need:
- A strong academic background with a 1st or 2.1 in Computer Science or similar subject from a well-ranked university
- Excellent software design skills for web- and cloud-based applications.
- Strong coding skills in Java for back end development
- Expertise in React, TypeScript, and UI design
- Good understanding of commercial software engineering best practice such as version control and continuous integration / continuous delivery.
- The company are unable to offer sponsorship, so you will need to have full existing right to work in the UK.
Experience in working with complex data sets and large databases, cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure, and working as part of a distributed development team would all be useful though not essential.
The company has a sociable and supportive culture with modern offices conveniently located in Cambridge. The role can be predominantly remote, with the understanding that you are able to visit the Cambridge office on at least a bi-monthly basis. The role comes with a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection or recommend a friend for £250, details at https://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.