Java Software Developer (26458)
Based on proprietary technology, this Cambridge software company are applying their location management expertise to new projects. They are delivering cloud-based software products to enable mapping applications used by government and construction industries.
They seek a Java Software Developer to work on back-end projects within a cross functional Agile Scrum team. Key technologies being used include: Java 11, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD tools. Note, the team are a mix of onsite and mostly working remotely with occasional visits to the Cambridge office – interested applicants should be able to be onsite ideally once per month (although this can be negotiated).
- Degree in computer science, maths or similar.
- Demonstrable project experience in back-end Java development including integration with SOA systems. This should include experience of Spring Boot for web applications and microservices.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs.
- Further experience with relational databases and CI / CD practices would be highly desirable.
- Any exposure to mapping or navigational applications would be beneficial.
- Experience with React and cloud deployment would be advantageous.
On offer is the chance to work with a supportive company providing a flexible working environment (onsite, hybrid or remote with occasional visits to the office per year), and attractive benefits (health insurance, company pension scheme and income protection). Further, they provide provisions for personal development as well as incentivise a heathy work-life balance.
Java, Spring Boot, RESTful, CI / CD, Agile / Scrum, Docker, Cloud, Kubernetes, Web, Microservices
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.