Senior Software Engineer, C++ (26464)
This growing and financially secure company is looking for a progressive-thinking Software Engineer to join their team developing complex solvers for numerical physics. The core code is written in C++ with Python wrappers.
The successful Software Engineer will bring experience in code design and implementation and performance optimisation within a complex scientific application area. They will work within a team of talented software engineers who are working on projects leading to a sustainable future.
- Degree in Physics, Maths, Engineering or Computer Science from a well-ranked university; a PhD in a related subject is also of interest
- Excellent commercial C++ development
- Knowledge of Python; familiarity with Linux systems
- Enthusiasm for problem-solving, producing high-quality software and continual improvement
- Evidence of a collaborative team-focused approach
Any additional experience in software design for distributed high-performance computing platforms in a physics-based area would be of particular interest.
The company offers a friendly working environment near Oxford. There is an excellent salary and benefits package on offer with flexibility around working hours and share options.
Keywords: C++, Python, Physics, Parallel Computing, HPC, PhD, Oxford
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.