Maths Modeller - Team Lead (26468)
A talented mathematical modeller is sought to lead a highly skilled modelling team, examining a broad spectrum of risks including financial disasters, geopolitical conflicts, social unrest, and cyber-attacks. They utilise numerous modelling techniques such as Bayesian statistics, catastrophe modelling and scenario development, to produce recommendations for companies trying to mitigate the potential impact of global events on their business and logistics.
As a Team Lead you will be skilled at project management and able to guide engineers and scientists towards multiple goals simultaneously, taking a collaborative and creative approach. You will be a gifted communicator, able to garner the confidence of clients and stakeholders alike for your proposed strategies.
Our Cambridge based client offers flexible, hybrid or part-time working (minimum 4 day working week) as well as a competitive salary and stock options.
Required attributes include:
- A good degree (Masters level or above) in an analytical subject, such as: mathematics engineering, physics, or economics.
- Demonstrable success in previous modelling development positions, either in a corporate risk, consultancy or academic research environment.
- Excellent skills in modelling languages such as Python, R, Excel VBA or C++ will be expected, along with experience with relational databases (such as PostgreSQL).
Full right to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship will also be necessary to be considered for this role.
Advantageous skills include:
- Working with GIS systems such as Quantum GIS and/or programmatic GIS such as GeoPy or Spatial SQL.
- Familiarity with MVC and/or ORM with Django and/or Flask, and data visualisation using dashboards.
Keywords: Team Lead, Mathematical Modelling, Probability, Bayesian Statistics, Python, R, Excel VBA, Django, Flask, Cambridge, Hybrid, Part-time
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.