Electronics Design Engineer (26487)
This international company develops hardware and software for driving highly capable and adaptable multimedia applications. Due to continued growth, they seek an accomplished Electronics Engineer to join their Cambridge development team.
You would be designing compact multilayer circuit boards, creating block diagrams, schematics and documentation such as BOMs, as well as ensuring that the hardware is robust, complies with requirements, budgets, and applicable standards, and can easily transition to manufacture. You would lead design reviews, and collaborate with colleagues and subcontractors to troubleshoot issues.
You will need
- A good degree in electronics or other relevantdiscipline from a well-respected university
- Electronic engineering skills, including:
- Good analogue and digital design using ECAD tools (preferably OrCAD) for 2 and 3D circuit boards
- Test and validation of designs including use of common lab equipment
- Microcontrollers, FPGAs, PSU design, high speed signals and comms buses
- Practical hands-on skills for debugging and reworking prototypes.
The company are unable to offer sponsorship so you will need full existing permission to work in the UK without time limit or sponsorship.
This is a great chance to join a top company, based on the outskirts of Cambridge. On offer is a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Keywords: Electronics, Hardware Design, ECAD, OrCAD, Board Layout, FPGA, PSU, Cambridge
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.