PLC Engineer (26494)
This company designs automated scientific instrumentation which requires development, planning and specification of electronic control systems, sub-systems and components. You will play a significant part in the generation of detailed electrical diagrams and drawings of power distribution and control systems suitable for manufacture. Whilst also contributing to cross-functional development project teams for engineering development projects.
As a PLC Engineer you will have good understanding of designing control systems and possess a technical degree. Your skills will include:
- Knowledge of field-bus systems (DeviceNet, Ethercat) and PLC control
- Good knowledge in the design of drive systems, pneumatic control, and automation technology
- Exposure to control of electro-pneumatic/mechanical systems, 3-phase power distribution and heater control systems
- Practical knowledge of relevant legislation, directives and standards
- Good experience of E-Plan software preferred
This position offers challenging work and a friendly, fun and dynamic working environment. Due to working close to hardware it is anticipated you will need to spend the majority of your time in the Cambridgeshire office but they are open to hybrid working when the project allows. There is opportunity for some travel when sensible.
Keywords: Control Systems Engineer, Drive and Sensor Technology, Pneumatic Control, PLC, Safety Systems, Cambridgeshire.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.