Senior Physicist, Modelling and Analysis (26536)
This is a new Senior Physicist role within an expanding team working on specialised modelling and design problems in a shock physics application. As well as contributing technical knowledge, the successful Senior Physicist will mentor junior colleagues and guide project work.
The role involves using theoretical physics designs to invent new complex systems, requiring a good understanding of the effects of massively high temperatures and pressures on components’ shapes and materials. There are unusually complex physical processes at play and the team will work together to create modelled solutions. The systems are manufactured in-house with the resultant experimentation and analysis used to maximise performance.
The requirements are:-
- PhD from a highly-ranked university in physics or engineering (or relevant industry experience)
- Robust post-doctoral or industry experience in simulation tools for complex multiphysics systems
- Ability to lead a small group of junior physicists and engineers in both technical and project development
- Some knowledge of high-energy shock physics or high-density plasma physics
- Experience in using Python for analysis of experimental data
- Enthusiasm and desire to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
This dynamic company is well-funded and offers a friendly working environment close to Oxford. An excellent package is on offer, including competitive salary and share options.
Keywords: Multiphysics, Shock Physics, HEDP, Plasma Physics, Simulations, Modelling, Python, Oxford.
If this sounds like you, get in touch with ECM Selection – whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone, and we may have other ideas to suggest to you too.