Senior Software Test Engineer (26561)
This fulfilling technical role involves utilising a wide spectrum of system test skills at the various stages of the product development cycle. You will have the pleasure of seeing your designs roll off the production line in volume and go to a broad range of markets requiring interconnection between systems.
You are required to have a technical background and a solid understanding of software test methods especially for embedded products. It is likely you have a technical degree and able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Design and run effective tests, within the agile development process
- Good knowledge of Linux and command line based interfaces
- Use of test automation frameworks e.g. PyUnit
- Exposure to build management tools e.g. GIT, Jenkins, Gerrit
- Strong automated testing using scripting languages e.g. Python, Bash
- Ability to produce clear, appropriate and timely documentation of tests
- Ability to query and confirm requirements
In addition, you will be a genuine team player; the company provides a friendly and supportive environment where all team members contribute to producing a product with an envied reputation for reliability. The role provides the opportunity to build on your mentoring skills of junior staff. Some hybrid working may be possible from time to time.
Keywords: Test Planning, Test Frameworks, Automated Test Scripts, Agile, Python, PyUnit, IP Networks, Embedded Systems, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.